Monday, November 23, 2009

Trying (again) to have a little Meaning

So I auditioned for a play.
Auditioned for a part in "The Odd Couple" at The Historic Empress Theatre down in Magna
(weather The Empress should actually be considered "historic" is obviously not up to me).

I dragged my friend along with me insisting that all we needed was a headshot and resume, however when we turned up they informed us that there was a miscomunication with the e-mails that were sent out and we needed a short something prepared.
No problem, though we all joked about it and they let us do a cold reading from the script.

It was also very nice that they let us audition together. I think it helped a bit.

They asked us both to come to callbacks. So tomorrow I go back.
I hope I get the part. I think it will help me have something to focus on besides just work and how depressed I am that my life is meaningless.
Not that being in a community play will change the world, but at least I'll be contributing to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment