Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Slow Terrible Day

Work was considerably slower than any other Saturday.
I guess it's because there is actually snow now.

I'm glad I didn't have to stay late though, the rest probably won't get out until 1 AM.
But I have to be back at 9 AM so I can learn early morning prep, so I can open alone on Tuesday because my Manager and both my Supervisors are taking that day off, and for some reason I've become their Go-To Guy for anything Pizza Hut related.

The last 5 of my shifts have been in The New Pizza Hut part of Concessions, which I guess I'm OK with, it's easy busy work and I don't have to deal to much with the guests. Today, though, was pretty terrible. We were incredibly overstaffed so everyone had to come over and notice that I wasn't smiling. It got annoying really fast. I guess I've learned how to put on a pretty good fake smile over the years. Just so happens on the day I can't bring myself to fake a smile my Supervisor decides she needs to hang around me the whole 6 hours.

Chelsea and I broke up last night... it was about 1 in the morning, until about 3:30 I think, I didn't sleep after that, and now I have work again in 9 ish hours and I don't know if I'll be able to sleep or not. I'm exhausted, sure, but I'm having a hard time thinking strait. We were together 1 year and 7 1/2 months... that's not a short amount of time.

About 4 other employees just wouldn't let me be today, every two minutes they had to come see if I was still sad. constantly making stupid joke in efforts to cheer me up, I guess I'm glad they care, but I just wanted to be left alone.
In fact my supervisor pushed so hard to find out what was going on I actually started crying. God, it's been a long time since I've cried in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment