Sunday, October 10, 2010

Best night ever!!!

My favorite band came to town.
I didn't know what day they'd be here until a couple days before the show...and out of pure luck I had the night off.
I bought tickets and surprised Chelsea.

Seeing LUDO play live was amazing. It's hard to describe what an amazing experience it was.

First off the show was opened by Tommy and the High Pilots, who I'd never heard of previously, but they did a great job. when they finished I went out and bought both of the CD's they had avaialable, I even bought them from the lead singer and had a chance to compliment him... I almost asked him to sign the cd's for me, but I decided against it...however I regret not asking him to now. Little did I know at the time but the lead Singer for Tommy and the High Pilots was standing in as bass player for LUDO for the tour. And on top of that, the drummer for LUDO is the same drummer for Tommy and the High Pilots....and I didn't even notice.
So I realize now that I liked the band because they share two members from my favorite band...and if I had done any research before the show I would have realized this and geeked out and had them sign the damn CD's I bought from them...but whatever.

Even greater than the amazing music LUDO performed, they have amazing crowd skills.
The coolest moment of the night was when they had everyone in the crowd sit on the floor and they came out and sat in the middle of us all and played "Love Me Dead" acoustically while we all sang along.

We had the best time,
Chelsea and I are totally set on seeing LUDO every time they're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment