Saturday, July 31, 2010

Geeked Out

I bought my first comic book yesterday. I simultaneously made me feel super awesome and geeky along with feeling like my life needs more meaning so that I don't get sucked into a super pointless expensive hobby.
It was great.

Anyways I picked up a copy of Serenity: Float Out which is naturally about characters from Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity Universe. It's a pretty cool comic, not super amazing but a great One Shot.
Naturally this means I need all of the Serenity Comics. There are already two groups of three comic collections I need to get, Serenity: Those Left Behind and Serenity: Better Days. Then another One Shot called The Other Half. I need to get these and read the hell out of them because (supposedly) in November they'releasing a new story arc revolving around Shepherd Book before the TV show took place...and that's the single most storyline Firefly Fans want more than any other.

wow....super geek now.

Joss Whedon is my god : )
(also it's nice to know for sure [even though it was already announced, just not officially] that Joss Whedon is directing the upcoming Avengers movie)

This comic thing might explode in a bad way...my bigest problem is that if I ever actually purchase a comic book I will want every single issue in the collection...why would I just want part of it.
And while I don't suspect there will be a whole lot of comics I will need...there sure are a lot I'd like to read.
Also I'm pretty sure I need to check out Mike Mignola's Hellboy line (due to the recomendation of a friend [that's right Stephen...you] ).

Also I'm really tired right now and I'm in a very odd/hyperactive kind of mood.
Also I'm at work and I just saved sombody'd life
*ting* +1

No comments:

Post a Comment