Wednesday, June 8, 2011

X-Men Flashbacks

I, like most film critics and geeks, wasn't expecting much from X-Men: First Class. I had every intention of going to see it, I had just expected something closer to "The Last Stand" which I try not to think about.

Now, there were plenty of issues I had with the show.
But surprisingly I was able to look past most of them. I became more engrossed in the film than I ever excepted. And I enjoyed every minute watching this movie.

First off, Magneto Is a badass! We all knew this of course...but Michael Fassbender was fantastic!

Secondly, they managed to make The Banshee a cool character, I always thought he was an annoying character, but damn funny in this movie.

It's hard to stress how pleased I was with the film, and it might just have been because my expectations were so low. Even so, by the end of the film I was literally on the edge of my seat.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since watching it this morning. It's really brought me back to everything i've always loved about The X-Men, and it shows all the fun potential a real "comic book" movie can be, including your cheesy morals and silly one liners squeezed in.
While reliving all my crazy superhero fantasies I couldn't stop thinking about the X-Men animated series from the 90's, which everyone agrees was easily the best one.



Well, one quick Amazon search later....and all five seasons are on their way. 60 bucks for the entire series....yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment