Thursday, February 10, 2011

Proper Fanboy Status Acheived!

So, for pretty much all my life I've considered myself a gamer. I grew up with all the incarnations of the nintendo and gameboy systems, and I had friends a plenty with every other system.
I have my own Nintendo wii and fully plan on purchasing the Nintendo 3DS in March.
Also my Girlfriend recently purchased a Playstaion 3 and (within the last year) an Xbox 360....so, Gamer status fully recognized.

Morso than a gamer. I consider myself a film conniseur. I review movies (sometimes) and obsess about all the new ones. I study actors and directors, and have massed a decent sized DVD collection over the last few years that is continually growing.

What is one very important thing that Video Games and Movies have in common.

Yes, a television.
And not any television. A Widescreen 40" HD 1080p 120hz LCD Television.

Now, the TV I've been rockin for the last 5 years is fine. just a nice flatscreen 24" (heavy bastard). And it's been fine. it has a few spots on the screen that turn green if it's been on for more than 3 hours...but it works.
that said....it's a peice of crap. My movies and video games deserved more. And now that I have a Widescreen 40" HD 1080p 120hz LCD Television I know that.
Even without any high definition settings turned on...everything is so pretty.
Now that I have a ridiculously nice television I love watching movies and playing video games more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment